Saturday, March 19, 2016

Week 6: MARCH MAYHEM!

March Mayhem was a success! The crowd had a blast, and the winners of the 4-4 tournament were none other than the team with the varsity boys basketball MVP!

Here's a recap of my accomplishments at the Bravo booth:

  • 20 new users
  • 4 successful donations 
  • $35 dollar donation through Bravo for the Measles and Rubella Initiative
I'll admit that these numbers seemed small to me at first. But after considering the number of people that attended the event and the demographics - primarily 100 high school freshman and sophomores - I realize that the results are not bad. 

Of the four donors, three were adults and the other was a high school senior who had an established personal credit card. Every other student I asked to donate had the same two reasonings for not contributing: "I don't have money" or "I don't have a credit card." In most students' cases, it was both reasons. 

Approaching high school students is drastically different from approaching college students because of the disparity in their independency. College students, even in the midst of the stereotypical struggling to afford groceries and eating ramen every day, are simply more autonomous than high school students. The older students have established credit cards and debit cards to use Bravo; the majority of high school are not at that level. 

Despite the inability for many students to contribute, I was still able to get a lot of buzz amongst the crowd about Bravo and raise awareness for the Measles and Rubella Initiative. I was even surprised to find that one parent already uses the app to tip valets! March Mayhem was definitely a great experience for me, and I would undoubtedly love to plan another event like it!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Vanessa. You have been doing some really cool stuff with Bravo. Can you explain a little bit more about what exactly the company's goals are? I understand that the app is for tipping, but what other things can it be used for. And also, what potential growth do you think the app could have and/or what would you add to the app right now to make it more useful?

    ReplyDelete